Investing Dutch entrepreneurs
Entrepreneurs doing business in emerging markets and developing countries, often contribute hugely to economic and social improvements in these countries. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs encourages this.
It can be difficult to get the funding for these projects. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs supports good initiatives. Therefore, the Dutch Good Growth Fund (DGGF) helps Dutch entrepreneurs do business in developing countries and emerging markets with customised services.
- Quick scan - Investing Dutch entrepreneurs
- Dutch Good Growth Fund for Starters
- Buxeros Capital is a public-private fund for Dutch entrepreneurs in emerging markets.
Do you meet the DGGF criteria? Use this interactive tool to find out whether your business is eligible for DGGF Investing Dutch entrepreneurs in just 5 minutes. Or fill in the online Quickscan - Investing Dutch entrepreneurs.
Dutch Good Growth Fund for Starters
Do you have a new product for a DGGF country? Or do you want to introduce an existing product to a DGGF country? Securing financial backing can be difficult. However, the Netherlands Enterprise Agency can provide the financial support you need!
The Dutch Good Growth Fund (DGGF) helps Dutch starters that want to do business with developing countries and emerging markets. These may include:
- starters looking to launch or manufacture an existing product;
- innovative starters wanting to develop a new product for a DGGF country or to manufacture products there.
Cooperation between Dutch Good Growth Fund and Buxeros Capital
Buxeros Capital is a public-private fund set up to assist Dutch entrepreneurs entering emerging markets in 70 countries. The fund enhances access to regions with underserved capital markets, in particular in Africa and Latin America. Buxeros operates from the Netherlands, South Africa and Colombia. The DGGF has doubled the amount of investment by private shareholders in the fund. Read more about Buxeros Capital.
Loans, guarantees and participation
If you want to invest in one of the DGGF-countries but cannot get financial backing from your bank, you can apply to the Netherlands Enterprise Agency for up to €10 million in financial support. The DGGF part Investing Dutch entrepreneurs supplements private investments through guarantees and direct financing with a repayment obligation, such as loans and equity investments in projects. The financial support can be tailored to meet your needs.
Overview current investments
See this overview of invest transactions.
Want to know more?
Not suitable for DGGF yet?
Not all projects are suitable for financial assistance from the DGGF. Another scheme might be more appropriate for your project:
- In September 2016 the fund Dutch Trade and Investment Fund (DTIF) was established. DTIF offers loans, guarantees and export financing to Dutch entrepreneurs that want to do business with countries that are not on the DGGF list. For more information about DTIF please follow this link.
- If you first wish to learn more about a local market or a project’s feasibility, you might be eligible for the DHI (in Dutch) (demonstration projects, feasibility studies and knowledge acquisition).
- Are you looking for a business partner in a developing country? The MMF matchmaking facility brings businesses in developing countries in touch, at their request, with businesses in the Netherlands in order to strengthen business ties and potential alliances.